Tuesday 17 December 2013

Post Production #2 - VFX

To practice my visual effect skills in after effects, I used the scene where Reece (myself) Teleports to the bathroom.

What Went Wrong?

Once I was filmed jumping into the air by the containers we went back to class to try out some after effect special effects but we forgot to take a still image of the scene where I was jumping. This meant that it would look any where near as realistic as it would if we had the still image. We also had to video me landing and our script said we were to land in the bathroom but as there was people in it we had to shoot in a different location.

What did I struggle with in After Effects?

Whilst following a teleportation effect tutorial It came to a certain point where he clicked on a "Toggle/Switched mode" button which brought up a menu. But for me there was no button, I spent a good 10 - 15 minutes looking all over for this button and by this point I was getting fairly annoyed. I decided to take a look in the comments area of the video and there I found my solution and all I had to do instead was press the "F4" key.

What do I need to learn?

Our script consists of a lot of visual effects so we need to know how to make these visual effects look as realistic as possible in after effects.

What assets will we need?

We will only need one asset for our film which is make-up for the zombies as we can do everything else ourselves in after effects.

No comments:

Post a Comment